Friday, December 21, 2012

A challenge

I came across A letter a week fairly recently, but as is so often the case with these things, it seemed to provide just what I need right now.  I am therefore delighted that I've been accepted into the group.
I am Olga Norris, living in Southern England, working primarily with stitch and print, most of it digitally designed, after an initial career in publishing.  I have a website and a blog.  This last year I have spent getting myself together after an intensive seven years caring for my mother - and I now need to put some positive structures in place: some boxes out of which to think!
A letter a week I hope will make a fun while challenging contribution to at least the coming year.

6 comments:

  1. Hello Olga, we're both newbies here. I really enjoyed the work on your website, looking forward to your alphabets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Olga- I'm also new to alaw. I enjoyed looking at your expressive, gestural quilts. I can't wait to see what you do with the alphabets!--Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ersi and Julie - it is exciting wondering what we all are going to come up with, especially for the Peace theme. I can't wait to see what everyone else does, but find I am still a bit trepidatious about my own contribution - so it will be good to get going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Olga -- I know you from ragged cloth cafe. it will be fun to work with you in this new context!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Olga - I think its fine to be trepidatious to start with; but one thing I like is that the task is small and I can always re-do it or re-start it if I think I'm off track. That has happened for sure...Looking forward to seeing where you take the letters.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it's always great to hear from folk.