Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Sally's Intro

Hi All!
Very excited to be a part of A Letter A Day 2013. I started following 2012 - finding it through someone on facebook - maybe Gemma?

Anyway, I have always been looking for something to keep me motivated and creating for creating's sake (not just an envelope job - though I like those). I thought this would be a good way to try new things and keep me creating over the long haul.

I live in Monroeville, PA (just east of Pittsburgh) and have been in love with calligraphy since about 1985. I'm a long-time member of the Calligraphy Guild of Pittsburgh - home of the amazing Myrna Rosen and Judy Melvin whom some of you may know if you attend calligraphy conferences. They are both wonderfully talented and inspiring women whose work I deeply admire. I'm a new member of the Washington Calligrapher's Guild, too.

I am just starting my journey of an online presence. I have a new website which features my work. I try to keep up a facebook page, and I just started my own blog. As Fiona can attest, I'm an online-newbie and often feel technologically impaired - but with some time and practice, I think I'm getting the hang to this.

I am looking forward to sharing with all of you.

Happy 2013!
Peace,
Sally
Sally & Joe at Pitt v ND 2011
PS I have two grown boys in college and am married to my best friend, Joe. -

4 comments:

  1. Hello Sally, I found you on Pinterest the other day. Your calligraphy is beautiful, I can't wait to see what you'll create for the ALAW project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sally - great intro - technology well and truly mastered! Looking forward to seeing where the letters lead you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sally, nice to meet you, looking forward to you posts, Noela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sally- I had a look at your website and was amazed by your beautiful calligraphy! I can't wait to see how you interpret the 2013 alphabets.--Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it's always great to hear from folk.