Monday, January 7, 2013

Sandra from Evandale, Tasmania


I have enjoyed drawing from an early age, a course at art college helped to focus my skills
and ideas.  In subsequent years I’m still focused on learning.....how do you portray the care
that goes into the construction of a nest, within the constraints of a drawing media.
I gradually brought clay into the equation, and started to slip cast eggs, and paint them, to represent
the real thing, then making a slip cast pillow, as a metaphor for the nest. 
I am much slower now in producing work, as age takes hold, but the passion never leaves.
That is why I have decided to have a go at  ALAW.     
Sandra.
This is some of my art work from recent years.
 
and here is an 'S' just for starters.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Sandra- Your work is just amazing! Such sensitive drawings. Looking forward to seeing your alphabets.--Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your comments, drawing has always been a passion.
      The alphabet project is exciting, something I've never attempted before.

      Delete
  2. Magnifique! même le coussin sur lequel repose l'oeuf est très beau! cela nous promet de jolies choses... Nine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nine, Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on my work, the pillows and eggs were always a joy to make. Merci.

      Delete
  3. Well done, Sandra, hope you enjoy this special journey with us all XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A new journey has started for me, I thank you for all your encouragement, my dear friend.

      Delete
  4. Welcome Sandra - I hope you enjoy the gentle exploration and play - it's all a bit of an adventure for us all! looking forward to seeing what you create and how...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Fiona, Thank you for welcoming me into my first foray with letters, keeping fingers crossed that it works out o.k

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it's always great to hear from folk.