Tuesday, July 2, 2013

June barbed wire letter flags

I had these photographed before, but didn't have a chance to sort the photos because I was making work for a deadline.

Anyway, here are the last letters.




and all together.


As I said before,

These are flags for the top 26 countries on the World Watch List -
making people aware of human rights violations
against those with Christian beliefs.
Seeking peace for all in these countries.

This project has made me much more aware of what is going on in other parts of the world. I have been reading about each country every week, too. So, when you hear about something happening there, you have a better understanding of how those events are affecting the people who live there.

I hope to begin putting the set together for the presentation this week.

and  thinking about the next set! but what to choose?

3 comments:

  1. Truly wonderful work. Very impressive. I love the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, thank you for sharing this work and this project - it has been a learning for many of us I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thoughtful, well considered and researched.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it's always great to hear from folk.